I am very pleased to announce that once again we are offering General Excellence Scholarships to students entering Years 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 in 2019.
Applications are now open for the Benalla P-12 College General Excellence Scholarships. The following scholarships are being offered:
• 2 x Year 4 Scholarships to the value of $500:00 to students entering Year 5 in 2019
• 2 x Year 5 Scholarships to the value of $600:00 to students entering Year 6 in 2019
• 2 x Year 6 Scholarships to the value of $700:00 to students entering Year 7 in 2019
• 2 x Year 7 Scholarships to the value of $800:00 to students entering Year 8 in 2019
• 2 x Year 8 Scholarships to the value of $900:00 to students entering Year 9 in 2019
Students applying for these scholarships will be required to demonstrate strong academic outcomes, together with a capacity to excel in such areas as community service, leadership and participation in school life. Copies of the latest school reports and NAPLAN testing must also be included in the application.
Interested students must complete the Application Form attached to this letter and complete a written report describing what our College Values mean to them, how they will contribute positively to College Life and demonstrate their contribution to the wider to community. This must be attached to the application. Students will also be required to complete an academic assessment.
The dates to note are:
• Application forms returned to the College by Friday 10th August.
• Academic assessment to be held in the week commencing 13th August
• Applicants will be shortlisted and invited to attend an interview in the week beginning 20st August.
• The scholarship winners will be announced at the Whole School Assembly on Friday 31st August.
I would like to encourage all students in Years 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8 to apply for a scholarship in 2019.
If you require any further information please contact your child’s Campus Principal.
Please find a link to the Application Form here. This must be completed and returned to school by Friday 10th August.